Saturday, June 14, 2008

Food, food, food! (Warning to readers who are hungry: your salivary gland may produce lots of saliva in your mouth, not to be gross, but true)

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31)




During the last few months (till late of last year), I went to some great restaurants with some of the tastiest food I’ve ever tried (ate) and a few types of food from hawker stalls (and also dinner) with some unforgettable tastes. To that, I would like to share some photos on the food that I’ve tasted and felt that you should go and have a try too (can try do some self-cooking too):


KL food, just the right taste




Don't miss out Nippon Tei, a Japanese restaurant in KLCC, the food (dishes) prices are resonable and worth your money.



Dragon-I, one of the leading restaurants in Kuala Lumpur. These food are some of the best I've ever tried.



The renowned Penang laksa. It tastes a little....mmmm(thinking on how to describe it)...asam flavour



'All You Can Eat' steamboat at my church camp.




Mixed Grilled Dish at Westwood Continental



This is like a sushi, just that it has more ingredients and wrapped up like an ice-cream. Not bad, should have a try.





Among all of these food, none of them can compare to....



my mom's special homemade laksa (at this time, I think it is either you have swallowed your saliva or your mouth is filled with it, frankly speaking, me too). It is the best among the best. So I guess that the "Food of the Year" award goes to my mom. Praise God!




Sometimes, when I thought that I’ve no lunch (or only a dish or so) for the day since it seemed that there is a shortage of some food supplies, God always makes a way for my family. He is our Provider. Once, when we thought that our night’s dinner is going to be ‘poor’ (everyone is busy and so, my mom doesn’t have much time to cook too much food), my neighbour (my aunt) called for my mom and gave her a few dishes of delicious food. Later on, another aunt of mine came to my house and gave some more food for us. We were very grateful and thank God for it. In the Bible, Jesus said: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn: yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?” (Luke 12:22-26). “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:33-34)


In 1 Corinthians, the Word of God tells us that we should give glory to God in whatever we do: “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31). 1 Corinthians 10 also tells us about the Believer’s freedom. “Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience. For, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.” If some unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. But if anyone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the man who told you and for conscience sake – the other man’s conscience, I mean, not yours. For why should my freedom be judged by another’s conscience? If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?” (1 Corinthians 10:25-30)



Let’s continue to give thanks and give glory to God in everything and whatever we do. Amen.



God bless. Jesus loves you.





No comments: