Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wonderful Counsellor

photo source: gracewalk.wordpress
'My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever'

~Psalm 73:26~






In a blink of an eye, one month has passed since I finished my finals and left the campus. It's just about a week and a half ago when I had an exciting yet nervous situation of my life- The announcement of my exam results.


The letter was there before me. I knew that it was time already, but I expected it to be announced the week after. With cold shaky hands, I tore open the top part of the letter carefully and peered inside. There were a bunch papers in there. I took them out and quickly searched for my exam slip. Soon, I was there staring at the numbers (grades) right in front of me. I did the necessary calculation and at that exact moment, I think I missed a heart-beat. I looked at my mom and sis and they looked excited as I was. Realization dawned upon me and I showed it to my family. The smiles on their faces brightened.


I am qualified for degree.


I re-applied for degree the day after and received another letter yesterday. Once again, I never knew it would arrived my door step with such speed but that was not the main point. Holding the letter, I sat on my couch and tore open the top of it. It was like dejavu. It seemed to happen before. I reached for the inside and took out a few pieces of papers, some colourful and some plain white. I flipped through and found the piece. Stated above, it was the words many pre-uni students hoped for- 'we..pleased..inform..offer..accepted'.


A sudden wave of thankfulness flowed through me. My mom, who was sitting beside me, hugged and congratulated me.


I just can't stop myself from praising God. His grace is indeed sufficient. He is a God of love, compassion, kindness, at the same time, fair and just. Knowing Jesus Christ is one big gift for my life and family (Thanks mom and dad, sis and bro for your support and prayers!). Receiving Him as my Savior and Lord over my life is even greater and joyous.


There may be times when we faced failure and adversity, but when we received and believed in His name, Jesus Christ, peace and joy overflow through us because we know that He is the mighty conqueror of each and everything and we can surrender our all to Him. For this, we can too sing with the psalmist: 'Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.' (Psalm 23:4)


We should also acknowledge Him in everything we do. The Word of God tells us 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.' (Proverbs 3:5-6)


God has plans for us and it will be revealed according to His time. Prayer and faith are essential as part of a Christian life. The Bible tells us: 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. '(Philippians 4:6-7)


May we continue to offer our thanks giving to our Lord our God and glorify His Holy name, in prayer, songs, and the things we do on earth.


Our God is truly a living God worthy to be praised forever and ever!



3 comments:

Lily said...

WOW, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Max Wong said...

Thanks Lily! Praise God! :)

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderfully uplifting page,thankyou for sharing and the beautiful Scriptures and song. You have lifted my heart.God bless you in your uni year. Susan / Australia