Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jones, Indiana Jones (aka. Dr. Henry Jones Jr.)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)


Currently, I've finish watching all four releases of the Indiana Jones movies. These are my reviews of all four movies(series).




The very first is Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark. It was released in 1981(I was not even born yet). The movie is about Indiana who tries to recover the Lost Ark but his quest was interfered by some bad guys who wants to have ultimate power(typical, isn't it?). I'll give it a 7.5/10.





In 1984, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was released worldwide. It is definitely better than its predecessor but still lacked some of the elements. Again, the plot line is simple, eminent archaeologist Indiana Jones is back in his 2nd adventure, this time to tackle the great terror surrounding the mysterious Temple of Doom. After crash landing in India, Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) and companions Short Round (Ke Huy Quan) and Willie Scott (Kate Capshaw) end up in a small distressed village where the residents claim a dark power has stolen their precious stone... and their children! Agreeing to assist the village, Indiana and friends make their way to a nearby palace and enquire further into the strange happenings. Assuring Indiana he has no idea what he's talking about, prime minister Chatter Lal offers them to spend the night in the palace. However, it is that evening that Indiana discovers a secret passage into a booby-trapped temple and stumbles onto something he thought was long extinct. It seems the age old cut of Thuggee cult is attempting to rise once more, believing that with the power of the five Sankara stones they can rule the world. Now, it's up to Indiana to put a stop to the Thuggee campaign, rescue the lost children, win the girl and conquer the Temple of Doom. I'll give it a rating of 7.7/10.



In 1989(I'm was still not born yet), the third release, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, became a blockbuster in the movie industry. It is the best among the 1st two and fetched the second highest rating. Three years after he recovered The Ark of the Covenant. Jones recovered an artifact that he found as a kid, the Cross of Francisco De Coronado from treasure hunters. Now, Jones discovers the history of another biblical artifact called "The Holy Grail". He was also informed that his father, Henry Jones is missing. Jones has to find his father who is looking for the Grail. However, Jones will become involved in the search of the Holy Grail along with his father, as well as fighting the Nazis to reach it. The moment I first watched this movie, I knew that it'll be a good one. I have watched it multiple times. A rating of 8.5/10 can picture the goodness of this movie.


I thought that this was the end of Indiana Jones. But after 18 years, behold, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull!



I watched this movie yesterday with my sis and I must say that the fourth release is the best out of the best. It is kinda weird towards the end of the movie but overall, I think that it is slightly better than Iron Man, another movie based on the famous Marvel Comics hero. This time, famed archaeologist/adventurer Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones is called back into action when he becomes entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secret behind mysterious artifacts known as the Crystal Skulls. I don't wanna become a spoiler so I would strongly recommend you to go and watch the movie yourself. It will definitely worth your money and time(2 hours and 4 minutes). And so, I'll give it a rating of 9.0/10(If you think this rating is high, I gave the movie, 'Die Hard 4.0' a 9.8/10) .


Up to date, I'm quite busy with my daily schedule, and as the day I'm leaving Kuching is drawing to a close, I got to make up my plans carefully. Please pray for me that God will continue to guide me according to His Will and strengthen me through faith in Him in the days to come.


Till then, God bless. Jesus loves you.



2 comments:

Ivan Liaw said...

alien.. haih.. haha.

Max Wong said...

Hahaha....(clear my throat)..shh..