Monday, June 23, 2008

Status: Uni. student

AIMST University, Semeling campus






As I'm writing this, I'm in the Uni's library, going to take my lunch soon and have classes at 3 later. Well, there's actually internet connection in every room in the hostels but I don't know the reason I cannot connect to my laptop, so that have to wait for a while. So I got to be fast and brief in telling you what is actually going on right here now, in AIMST University, Kedah.




First of all, I'm currently staying alone in my room in one the apartments (as you can see, a whole block of hostel has around 10 apartments, and an apartment has three rooms, so each room in my apartment is currently occupied by two other students.) with two other friends(a senior and a same-batch freind). The rooms are quite clean (this is in my apartment and I'm not sure about the others). The washroom too.



And now, the food. Three meals are provided everyday and water dispensers are available around the campus. The meals are divided (it is not divided all the time) into categories, Indian, Chinese, vege. and non-vege. It's taste is good enough to fill up my stomach. There is a laudry room too and places where students can hangout to watch ASTRO.



The Semeling campus (I'm in it now) covers a large piece of land and just to walk from one faculty to another will take you around 3 minutes. Whereas from the hostel to the sports complex, it'll take you around 5-10 minutes, depending on how fast you walk. The sports complex in the campus includes a gym, badminton courts, a football field, a olympic-sized swimming pool and a few more. For joggers, you can jog around the whole campus, it's quite refreshing.



There are about 120+ students in my batch of different races (Chinese, Indian, and Malay) and a few International students. There are different Christian groups here(Catholics, Adventist, Methodist etc.). I found a group of Methodist Christians from Sarawak and I'm going to join their fellowship at a church near my campus soon(either this week or the following week). Praise God!






The Admin. Building: the place where the staffs and great hall are


Library: Good source of knowledge, the hostels and the student centre(blocked by the library) are behind



Medical faculty: the Dentistry, Engineering, and IT faculty looks like this one, it's situated opposite the medical faculty(beside the library), I'll upload the photos in one of the next few posts



Badminton courts in the sports complex, i'll update some pics. for the other sports facilities later in my next few posts





This is just a brief description about my campus and I'll try to update about it with some more pictures if I can spare some time.


Till then, please continue to pray for me and God bless. Jesus loves you.


Note: I'll be going to Thailand(family trip) in a week's time, so I'll try to update something about that too.




No comments: