Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My 18th Birthday!


May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. (1 Thessalonians 3:12)



As the clock (clocktower) stroked 12 midnight to signify the beginning of the 8th day in July, my group of friends sang the birthday song to me at the cafeteria. After the song, the whole cafeteria was boomed by claps and shouting from my seniors and fellow classmates. As you can see, students here normally celebrate their birthdays at the cafeteria and there are usually lots of students hanging out or studying there. So we will share the birthday celebration together. We then had a simple supper to celebrate. It was really touching and was one of the joyous moments in my life. At that moment, I then thought about how time flies so fast. I celebrated my birthday last year back in my hometown when I'm getting ready to sit for my exam. And now, I'm here in Kedah this year with a new group of friends. It's like it had just happened yesterday. I am 18 now and had just gone through 17 years of my life. I received a present and lots of wishes from my friends. Thank you guys! I love your present and thank you for everything!


Again, before my lecture started this morning, some friends of mine 'announced' my birthday to the lecturer. So, as expected, the whole class (approx. 140 students) sang a birthday song to me (previously, we also sang to our birthday boys and girls). Frankly speaking, it was quite a shy moment but it's an unforgettable experience. It's wonderful to see everybody happy and glad. It was really a beautiful moment.


In all, thank God for everything and please continue to pray for me that God will continue to guide me according to His Will and strengthen my Faith in Him through Jesus Christ in the days to come.
Till then, take care and God bless. Jesus loves you.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

happy birthday!!!!!
hahahaha