Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back again

"Weeping may last for the night, but the shout of joy comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5b)


Whoosh.......5 days of holiday is over just like that. I left KL at 10:30 a.m. this morning and arrived at my hostel at about 4:40 p.m.. It was indeed a tiring journey. Frankly speaking, I felt like vomiting the whole way. There was no more space for some passengers(which included me) to put their luggage in the luggage compartment of the double-decker bus. Instead, I had to put my things at my seat. I was cramped sitting there for the whole journey(except when I went down for lunch and to the washroom). Furthermore, I was sitting at the upper floor of the bus and I was thinking that it is actually a rare opportunity before this(How many times can you sit in a double-decker bus?). I was wrong. The sitting on top is shaky and can make somenoe feel like puking. It was however an experience. What I have actually experienced was quite dreadful.




During the first hour from the start of my journey, I read a novel and that's when I started feeling dizzy. I've heard from somewhere that reading in a moving vehicle is bad for your eyes(associated with the brain and may further cause dizziness). I guessed this was true. I felt really uncomfortable and decided take a rest instead. With my feet 'stucked' between my bags, quite surprisingly, I managed to doze off. However, I could still feel the heavy atmosphere around me and the 'squezziness' at my feet. Fortunately, the driver put on some entertainment (Movie) for us. As you have known, there is usually some company intro(e.g. 20th century, Disney, Hallmark etc.) before they show the actors names(starting of a movie). So when I saw that this movie was actually Dolby Stereo 'powered', I thought: "This must be something like Die Hard 4 or..or...Rambo!". Wrong. It as actually a Malay movie that tells about this Malay village girl who was offered to study in the city but was rejected by her mom. She has two sisters and they were like peas and carrots. The plot was a little screwed up cause the storyline was twisted here and there(beating around the bush). Somewhere in the movie, I 'think' that the family members died and their spirits haunted her. I was just too tired to watch it. Halfway through the movie, the screen turned blank and the bus' radio speakers came alive. I reckoned that the bus driver switch it off (or there is no 'CD 2'). If one actually concentrates, he or she could easily understand the movie. It's just another 'dislikenment'-rejection-death-haunted movie.




Praise God that the bus arrived safely at its destination and giving me strength the whole way. During my stay in KL, I have walked the whole Sunway Pyramid, tasted Wendy's burger, went through the drive-thru experience at McD, rode the train myself from Shah Alam to KL city (again another experience), savored one of the best steaks in the world at Tony Roma's, went to Gardens at Mid Valley (That's where my bro introduced me to Bose speakers, man! They produced the best quality sound I've ever heard!(of course, the prices are 'pretty'), and lots more.......I've seen many different kind of people and I realised that God made everyone in a very unique way. Everybody plays a role in this world that He created. While I was on the road in KL, I saw this bus driver who was driving this really 'antique' bus. I thought: 'Who will drive people around if there's no bus drivers? Who will drive this 'antique' bus, picking and dropping people off at bus stops, if the driver I saw was not there to drive it?'




God created men according to His own image. He loves everyone of us. We are His children. He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to the world to die on the cross for our sins, so that our sins can be forgiven through His name. Jesus calls us to believe in Him and accept Him into our hearts, making Him our Saviour. Only then can we have true peace and joy.




Dr. S.M. Lockridge, a preacher, once described Jesus, our King. He once used eloquent and powerful words along with classic images of Jesus Christ , touching the hearts of the believers and non-believers. These are some of his words:




"He supplies strength for the weak....


He's available for the tempted and the tried....


He sympathizes and He saves....


He strengthens and sustains....


He guards and He guides....


He heals the sick....


He cleanses lepers....


He forgives sinners....


He discharges debtors....


He delivers captives....


He defends the feeble....


He blesses the young....


He serves the unfortunate....


He regards the aged....


He rewards the diligent....


and He beautifies the meek.......




I wonder if you know Him?.."














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness bro, it sucks to know that you had to go through all that on the way back to Uni, but like you said, it's quite an experience eh? At the end of the day, it's all worth it. So yeah, focus on all the interesting stuffs you've done, the good food that's gone down that tummy of yours (Wendy's! Goodness!) and so many more you've seen along the way! May God continue to lead you and I'm just so glad he made you into who you are, bro. :) Keep rockin', bro!!!