Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Two months ago

"Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:39)

This post is actually a sequel to the 'two more days to go for opening ceremony' post. It has been delayed. So I decided that I should blog about my campus opening ceremony today. Before touching on the topic, these are some pictures taken two months ago.

From left: Gobi, Rome, me, Kirath, and Alvis
Me and Alvis
To cut things short, the pictures below can tell you the processes on how the two days of my campus opening ceremony went:
The night before the official opening ceremony, we met Adrian(the man in specs beside me)(He is the TV2 news broadcaster) and quickly grabbed the opportunity to snap a pic with him
We then saw this beautiful young lady (middle-person, with longest hair) and later found out that she is actually Miss Malaysia 2008! She and Adrian were the MC for the opening ceremony.
Workers cleaning the windows
Marquees (large tents) were set-up to hold the lunch reception. There's another one opposite it.
Bowls, plates........(for next day's lunch)
Inside the marquee

Dato Sri Samy Vellu came and inspected the campus that afternoon, see him?


Some of the preparations...


Some of the flowers from Cameron Highlands




An aerial view of my campus (model)


Inside the great hall to see the rehearsal of performers


Snapshots during the lighted-up-campus-night

Dentistry, engineering, business and IT faculty


The boys from left: Richard, Rome, Bong, me, and Alvis

The girls from left: Nicole, Rachel, Sherlyn, Tiffeny, Ai Ping, Elaine

Library at right and Medical faculty at left

As I was one of the ushers, it is compulsory for all ushers on that day to wear traditional costumes. So these are the pictures on the day of my campus' official opening ceremony:


Three different races: Kirath, me, and Rome


Aaron and I

A pic with our Prof.


From left: Rachel, me, Kelly(Malaysia Airlines air-stewardess look-alike) and Yee Ling


I shook hands with the PM, the man at right is our Vice-Chancellor

Our PM enjoying the daytime fireworks show. The fireworks were beautiful and I'm sure everyone enjoyed it.


Luncheon
A pic with our lecturer





More pics......

This is the whole summary on what took place during my campus opening ceremony...there are actually more things to talk about but the time doesn't allow for now. That day was indeed memorable and everyone was pretty tired at the end of the day(enjoyed very much though).

Till then, God bless.

Jesus loves you.





No comments: