Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Closing In


As we are just hours away till new year(2009) arrives, I looked back to what I have gone through this year.

Indeed, this year(2008) is a happening year for me. I graduated from my secondary school last year and stepped into a new environment this year-- university. My last public exam results was announced in March and found that I did well, praise God! Then, it's the time when I have to apply for a uni and scholarship. The following days and weeks were few of my busiest times in my life. Sorting out documents and stuff for further study were part of what have to be accomplished throughout the entire month. Approximately two months after that, I found a suitable course of study and flew to Kedah where my uni. was located. Adjusting myself in a new surrounding is another event that comes with a long story. I've seen many new faces and personalities, each of them coming from different states and countries. Through all the socializing, I learnt their culture and others. I have also undergone times of dispute and misunderstandings among friends as well as times of happiness and fun.

Academically, the subjects that I'm now studying are different and more detailed that what I have studied during my secondary school years. We go in depth for each chapter. Moreover, critical thinking and having a proactive mind is necessary. One day as I was studying the human internal body system, the facts and illustration amazed me and I can't stop thinking about the wonderful works that God has done. We can only see the basic human structure from outside, but if we go into the human brain for example, we are able to find out how delicate the brain neurons work in transmitting nerve impulses and cause us to react to what our muscles. have received. Sparks(caused by transmission of impulses) between neurons can be seen always , lighting the whole region like fireworks exploding in the night sky. This is example is just one out of many, how about the muscles, the heart, and the eyes...and even the environment? No words can describe God's wonders. Praise and glory be unto Him!!

Oh yeah, I went to Thailand for a family vacation too! Wow, it sure was fun! For the first time in my life, I get to see the Mekong River and sat in a boat to 'shop' at the Floating Market. I sat on an elephant and man, it was an experience! In the coming posts(or future, I've wrote one already), I'll be writing more about my trip to Bangkok, so stay tune!

In all, let's get ready for the new year!!!

Till then, take care and God bless.


No comments: