Friday, August 7, 2009

'Sakura'!

- image courtesy of Evangelheights -
Thus says the Lord, Your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go." (Isaiah 48:17)






My three months of holiday is coming to an end. I'll be back to my campus once again next week. There are lots of memories in times like these that will be cherished! Praise God that everything went well!

Just about two to three weeks ago when I'm on my way home, I saw some trees beside the road with flowers covering almost the whole of it. The trees look somewhat like cherry trees. It was a beauty. So I decided to just a stroll along the pathway the next day and capture this rare scene.

I read from somewhere that the flowers usually bloom during this period of time. Others say that it is due to global warming that this blooming could happen in Malaysia.

At first sight of the flowers, my mind wondered off to the blooming Sakura in Japan. Sakura means Japanese flowering cherry in English. Some of us may prefer to call it cherry blossom . Both are actually right, depending on how you use it.

Thousands of tourists and locals flock Japan early in the year for cherry blossom viewing. It is very fascinating and thoughtful. Cherry blossom can also be found in the US and Europe.

Without further ado, here are the photos that I took that day:




These were the two tress that caught the eyes of many passerby. There were only two distinct flower colours: purple-pink and white.

Branching out together.
Flower petals and leaves on the grass floor: Still maintaining its best sight.

Dry leaves and petals on the fence wall: Creating a must-shoot opportunity for photographers.


White 'Sakura' reaching out to the sky.


The purple-pink flowers were very competitive.


But when I saw how the white ones performed, I concluded both were absolutely great to see and capture.


An up close.


Beautiful, isn't it?


The whole scene.



Till then, I'll most probably blog again when I returned to West Malaysia and after everything is settled.
Please pray for me in faith, health, studies and people around me. Take care and God bless!

Jesus loves you! :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

This is too beautiful a series of pictures to have 0 thoughts. I love the cherry blossoms in Washington, DC. Washington is not the same once they go away. Blessings upon you as you return from your vacation.

LILY said...

beautiful pictures Max!love it! :P