Saturday, August 29, 2009

Life

- image courtesy of upload.wikimedia.org -

'Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.' (Psalm 136:1)






This coming Monday will mark the starting of my fourth week as a medical student.

My classes are on-going mostly in the morning, from 8-12 pm, with 1 or 2 hours break(s) in between. I would have my lab sessions in the afternoon. For most of the days (except for 2 of the days), my classes would end at 7 pm.


The lecture hall is freezing cold sometimes (combined with the cool weather), and with a hundred+ students in the hall, it's almost impossible not to 'close' your eyes for just a while. But many thanks to the lecturers, they keep us awake for most of the time. Classes are quite interesting and the lab sessions are enjoyable.


Looking back in time, Medicine is very different from that than any pre-university and school-related studies. In degree, the slides could mount up to a hundred and a chapter could be finished (lecture) in an hour's time. Thick, expensive books are essential (though it may not be so for some) to add up to the lectures and tutorials.


Rain pours down almost every hour here (since last week) in Kedah. Though it may appear to be a trouble (especially for those students who do not have an umbrella, and I'm currently one of them too), I prefer it to be this cooling than being under the scorching heat. The cafeteria food is much much better compared to the time I first entered. Facilities are ever ready and the surroundings are beautiful. Not much haze is seen here in Kedah, very different from the haze-invaded states. Clubs are set up for students to participate. From the time I graduated as a foundation student here, the town still looks much the same to me- food, clothing, groceries, transportation, you name it- the prices offered are much lower than what I would have to pay back in KL or other metropolitan cities.


Praise God for His grace and for the people whom I see are growing together in Christ. It is truly wonderful and a joyous moment to see old time friends hanging around again after so long.


The years to becoming a graduate medical student are going to be challenging and remembering on how my lecturer once said, it is like waves at a rough sea. Praise God and glory unto Him once again for my scholarship and for my family who help and guide me for the past 19 years. Thank God for giving me you- mom and dad, bro, sis-in-law and sis. I must say again that no words can describe my feelings towards to all of you! Love y'all!



Lord, I just want to thank you. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins, that I may have a new purpose driven life in you. Thank you for providing me everything I have in life. Your grace is sufficient for me. May all glory and praises be unto your Holy Name. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.





P/S: Please pray for me in health, faith and education. I may blog less as my timetable is quite pack. Till then, take care and God bless!






8 comments:

Jasper Yew said...

max,
gambateh!!

Max Wong said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Jasper! The same to you too! God bless! :)

Entrar Hotmail said...

Examples of these are good tips in which I most certainly will try outside, Quite possibly glad I came across the idea. Thank you.

Como ganar dinero en tiempo de crisis said...

Aw, this was a very nice post. In idea I wish to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make an excellent article… however what can I say… I procrastinate alot and not at all appear to get one thing done.

Juegos de Mario Bros said...

Admiring the commitment you put into your blog and in depth insight you present here. It’s nice to find a blog every once in a while that is not all the same outdated rehashed information. Excellent work! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your site link to my Bookmarks today. Imagine, I love your website so much that I would like to advertise my own site on it

Hosting barato said...

This design is incredible! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.

Pinterest said...

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% certain. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Renovar DNI said...

Hello, great web site. I’m very delighted. Fantastic job. The articles are superb. I also run a blog, stop sometimes to me. I hope you enjoy it too.