Saturday, May 31, 2008

Flowers

As I was sending off my cousins at the car porch of my house yesterday morning, I saw this flower plant that is planted by my mom. It had bore some beautiful flowers. I took this rare opportunity to take this photo:




Just beautiful


In the evening, my friends and I went to a flower garden to buy some flowers for one of my church member's wedding. Again, I took the chance to take some pictures(below).






Truly a 'Wow', absolutely beautiful



Through these pictures, the flowers reminded me of two points:

1) God's Word

2) Life
Let's talk about the first point 1st - the Power of God's Word - Jesus said "I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." (Matthew 24:34-35)


In the Bible, the book of Isaiah(40:6-8) tells us: "A voice says, "Cry out." And I said, "What shall I cry?" "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field. The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the LORD blows on them. Surely the people are grass. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."


(1 Peter 1:23-25) "For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever." And this is the word that was preached to you."


What about life? What does the Bible tells us? "Let the lowly brother glory in his exhalation, but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away. For no sooner has the sun risen with a burning heat than it withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beautiful appearance perishes. So the rich man also will fade away in his pursuits" (James 1:9-11). I found this following passage from the Internet:


-Our life is like a flower. We live and die. We are soon forgotten. Someone makes a fuss over us for a short time and then our existence on earth is forgotten. Thousands of years from now, no one living will remember our life. Yes, history may record our birth and death; and it may even record a moment in time of our life. But no one will stay up night after night grieving our passing. At most, our life will be but a fleeting thought.

Comprehending that life is like a flower has a positive impact upon us. If I comprehend the brevity of life, I will live each day as if it were my last. Indeed, it may be my last day to live. Think about this: What would you do today if you knew you were going to die tomorrow? Would you change anything about yourself?

If I comprehend the brevity of life, I will be ready to stand before the Lord in judgment. I will look forward to the day that I may see my Lord and worship at His feet. Therefore, I will count it all joy when I fall into various trials (James 1:2-8), I will endure temptations and not sin (James 1:12-18), I will be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath (James 1:19-20), I will be a doer of God's word and not only a hearer (James 1:21-27).

Do you comprehend the brevity of life?-



No comments: