Saturday, May 17, 2008

Rejoice!


"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." (James 1:2-4).





These few fays are probably some of my busiest days in my life. Apply to study at AIMST University in Kedah, organizing events with some of my church friends for the church camping trip which is going to be held at Matang Wildlife Center next week, giving tuition at home, family gathering, and other stuffs. Well, I finally got my own personal laptop, thanks to my dad. It is a Hp Compaq Presario. Although it is not the latest model, I don't mind cause it's main purpose is for my education and for doing my assingments. As long as it has the basic components and softwares as well as programs(wireless connection, a big memory, enough RAM and GHz, a just-an-okay graphic card, embeded webcam and microphone, enough USB slots, and.......a few more.) I'm fine with it. This is a preview of it:





Top view(laptop closed)






Front view




Side view





The long awaited JPA(Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam) scholarship result was finally announced through the Internet last week. I didn't know that it had been announced until my friend told me through MSN. I was shocked and chatted with another friend who had also applied. He gave me the website where I can checked for myself. I clicked it and typed in my IC number into the blank as instructed. Full with eagerness, I then clicked the SEMAK(send) button and waited for approximately a minute until the screen appeared in front of me - Maaf, anda tidak terpilih(Sorry, you are not chosen). At that moment, I was quite disappointed but the feeling quickly faded. Truly speaking, I didn't feel sad or anything after that. I know that this is God's Will. Everything that has been said and done is according to His will and we cannot change it. God is sovereign: He rules over all; nothing happens without His permission (Daniel 4:34-35). I also remember what God tells me through His words: "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." (James 1:2-4). We must continue to put our trust in Him and not blame God. I also read this phrase from a Christian book: "Disappointments are God's appointment. He allows them to seep through His fingers, for in His omniscience God knows their end result will be for our good and His glory. If the disappointment, the trial, were not for your benefit and His glory, He would never have allowed it to seep through His fingers into your life.......God wants you to have every opportunity to be Christlike and fruitful. God doesn't want you to have regrets when you see Him face-to-face."





Through these trials and circumstances, in fact, we should rejoice in Him! "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4) The Bible also tells us not to be anxious about tomorrow but seek His Kingdom first, and then everything will be given to us. Jesus said: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes..........But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well." (Luke 12:22-31) When we are worried, we should also pray and give thanks. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." (Philippians 4:6) The act of thanksgiving is a demonstration of the fact that we are going to trust, to believe God. "Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is[that's where our general prayer come in] and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him [this is where supplication comes in]" (Hebrews 11:6).





I read the news about some high achievers who failed to obtain the scholarship too. The look on their faces can tell us how disappointed they are and the lost of hope in their hearts. When we find our self in a state of despair, we need to say with the psalmist, "Why are you despair, O soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence." (Psalm 42:5)





To those who are having times of hardship and difficulties, I want to share with you this song: 'Be Strong and Take Courage' by Intergrity Ministries.










Be Strong And Take Courage-By Don Moen



Be strong and take courage

Do not fear or be dismayed

For the Lord will go before you

And His light will show the way

Be strong and take courage

Do not fear or be dismayed

For the one who lives within you

Will be strong in you today

Why don' you give him all of your fears

Why don't you let him wipe all of your tears

He knows, He's been through pain before

And He knows all that you've been looking for

So, be strong and take courage

Do not fear or be dismayed

For the Lord will go before you

And His light will show the way

Be Strong and take courage

Do not fear or be dismayed

For the one who lives within you

Will be strong in you today

Nothing can take you out of his hand

Nothing can face you can't command

I know that you will always be

In His love, in His power you will be free!!

So, be strong and take courage

Do not fear or be dismayed

For the Lord will go before you

And His light will show the way

Be Strong and take courage

Do not fear or be dismayed

For the one who lives within youWill be strong in you today



Let's continue to be strong through our faith in Jesus Christ and remember each other in our prayers.



God bless.





No comments: